Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Open for Business


Woah, I finally did it! A little over two years ago I created this blog and now I'm finally making my first legitimate post. One of the main reasons I haven't posted before is because my work space isn't exactly ideal. I have no place to put my printer/scanner, so every time I need to use it I have to take it out/plug it in, then pack it away again. It's too much trouble to go through every time I want to scan a drawing. From now on I think I'll just use a camera instead of a scanner.   

So for my first real post I'm publishing an original "art" piece. Very rare. This is a skull that I drew from reference. It's a Halloween prop that I bought a few years ago. That's one of the reasons why he looks so strange. He has bugged-out eyes that move, a mechanical jaw, and a creepy laugh that go off when the motion censor detects movement.

So this is sort of a still life drawing. I just left out some of details, like the base of the skull. Over all I'm sort of happy with it. I've definitely improved a little since the last time I attempted to draw him. One of the biggest mistakes that I made was the way that I drew the chin. It's definitely off.

So anyways if your a fellow art blogger and you happen to come across this let me know what you think. I welcome all criticism except "trolling". So please leave me a comment.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Some nice pencil work

.... now I expect to see a bunch more!